15 November 2011

apijamm - "Gitarrensolo"

Interesting but unlistenable experiment (5/10)

Minimal weil eine Kindergitarre,Aufnahme mit digitaler Kamera,abgemixt mit laptop,Aufgenommen mit Audiograbber,only gitarre.....Viel Spaß !

This is an interesting experiment. The music is extremely repetitive, monotonous and lo-fi. The effect is quite distracting and intriguing. It's of course minimal but because of its repetitive nature it strongly resembles some industrial works, despite using very different technical means.

Having said that, I must remind you that it's a musical - not experimental - website. Therefore, I base my ratings on musical qualities of the presented recordings. This album - for me - hardly qualifies as music and definitely is not suitable for repeated listening. Hence the rating. Of course that's just me - if even such artists as Merzbow have their fan base, I'm sure this work may also appeal to a (rather small) number of people.

[Artist's website]

Creative Commons License

0 comments:

Post a Comment