10 November 2011

SaReGaMa


In Indian music Sa, Re, Ga and Ma are the first 4 notes of Saptak - an octave of seven notes. I guess I picked the nick SaReGaMa because I'm really fond of Indian classical music, which in my humble opinion is the most profound and sophisticated music in the world.

Among the many artists that had impact on my approach to music are : The Future Sound Of London, Union Jack, Shulman, Raja Ram, Jairamji, Nitin Sawhney, Prem Joshua, Thievery Corporation, Prodigy, Jean Michel Jarre and more.

Self taught, I started making music as a hobby at the age 17 using Yamaha CS1, Cool Edit and FL Studio. I had also been playing flute in the Ethnic Rock band "Igra Rama" and done several solo performances for background music in happenings. I had a big passion for music but not enough means to afford musical instruments, so I learned how to build them. Most of the instruments I have are homemade. The instruments I play are : piano, guitar, different kinds of ethnic flutes, didgeridoo, percussions, kalimba and jews harp.

My music can be defined as Organic-Electronic World Fusion. It can be great for background listening but at the same time it's very elaborated and deserves to be listened in a serious manner with full attention. I invest a lot in the sense of ambient 3D space - depth, distances, directions, motions and their dynamics. The tracks are loaded with little details, sounds and stereo effects. To experience them fully I advise to set your speakers as wide as possible (4 meters at least recommended) and sit in the middle in front of them, in equilateral triangle pattern. Headphones are not good for this kind of music. Although they provide additional details they fail to convey the sense of depth.

Some tracks contain up to 80 channels and comprise irregular beats of 1.5 - 2.5 - 3 - 5 - 6 - 7 etc. So listen carefully, try not to miss it.
[Artist's website]






SUPPORT INDEPENDENT ARTISTS

If you like this artist, consider supporting him by making a donation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment