20 March 2011

Chojron - "Among The Raindrops"

The match has been won (but barely) (6/10)

Originally I was going to release this album as full-lenght, with 10-12 songs, but once I've lost all my projects from computer, so I would have to do everything again even for improve anything in those finished pieces. Nowadays I'm working on other music but some day I will start again with this. However, I hope you will enjoy 'Among The Raindrops' in the present form.

This is a very uneven space music album. The detailed review of the particular tracks: (why not every album is so perfect I could write "awesome" and move on? ;-P )

01: The sound of keyboard simulating a wind instrument is terrible (other samples are much better). Still, I "buy" this track, because of a great melody, fine disturbing atmosphere and clever arrangement. If only the artist replaced this unfortunate plastic oboe with a real one.

02: Terrible plastic drums on the foreground and a primitive melody. Yuck.

03: A very repetitive main tune, ugly plastic drums playing very obvious rhythms - definitely not my cup of tea.

04: A nice Jarre-like keyboard playing a disturbing melody, distorted electronic pan flute (this is one of the ways to mask plastic sound of a cheap equipment, people) adding space-music-al atmosphere - not bad at all!

05 - More mainstream electronica with faster and more distinct beats, fine melody and atmosphere, not bad arrangement, acceptable sound - downloaded and kept.

To sum up - the artist has still much to learn, but even at this stage of artistic evolution he is often able to produce tracks that can be fun to listen to. Of course, only when someone is into space music (I am), as for fans of more experimental electronica it may be primitive and for fans of techno - boring (not that space music is generally primitive, but that some IDM-ish people may think so).

Creative Commons License

[Artist's Myspace]




SUPPORT INDEPENDENT ARTISTS

If you like this album and you can afford it, consider supporting the artist by making a donation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment