18 February 2011

Cvijaxo - "Game Of Life"

Four good tracks (6/10)

How many days until the day
How many nights until the night
How many mornings until the morning
How many hours until the hour
How many minutes until the minute
How many seconds until the second
(Continues....)

(Cvijaxo june 2004)

Idea for this mini album comes direct from my collaboration and e-mail communication with Ivan1984 - the man who reviewed us all. Curiosity is that last track  "End of Life" was made first for this purpose and I simply dropped it depressed of the thing (It was named differently).  After decision to make "The short album about living" (life is short), I came back to it ,reworked it, and it is now one of my favorites and it makes good frame with first one. It's almost 60% done of Ivan's voice so I consider him as co-author :-).

I know that some of you will see this thing like stylistic prostitution. But hey, what else life is about ;-).  I recommend listening whole thing as one loose conceptual track, else you'll miss little ironies and hidden jokes. Think about it. Life should not be taken too seriously - we'll all die anyway :-).

BIG Thanks to Ivan for his kindness, patience and TIME.

This album is for my brother who once said that I make boring things without rhytm .-). It was actually he who introduced me to Jamendo. Thanks bro :-)

It's also for Simone and Timmy and all other soundcrafters on Jamendo who, through their music and comments, gave me courage to publish things like Suburbia and Hard work of life (Suburbia 2).


Creative Commons License

[Artist's Myspace]
For me it's a very uneven recording. I really liked four tracks, which makes half of the album, but the other four were far worse for me.
01 - very tiring, monotonous, I don't like this kind of vocals in electronica / techno;
02 - great fast techno, so much is happening, the track is full of interesting sounds, tunes and concepts;
03 - another great song, this time ambient with really dark melancholic feeling and disturbing sounds, heavily influenced by space music (J.M. Jarre comes to mind);
04 - totally chaotic techno, all these ingredients just don't mix into tasty meal
05 - ambient, but this time boring, nothing is happening, no beginning, no end, no sense or reason;
06 - heavy ambient spiced up with industrial: it's great - disturbing, inventive;
07 - another fine ambient track - similar to no. 6, again very disturbing, you never know what's around the bend;
08 - distorted vocals, boring ambient in the background - it was really unnecessary.

To sum up - if you like techno / electronica check this out, cause you'll probably find something interesting here.




SUPPORT INDEPENDENT ARTISTS

If you like this album and you can afford it, consider supporting the artist by making a donation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment