25 February 2011

Williamson - "A Few Things To Hear Before We All Blow Up"

Thank gods for a review system (8/10)

Full of beautiful hooks and entrancing rhythms, A Few Things To Hear Before We All Blow Up is the "electronic-indie-space-pop," release from a group of extremely talented musician-hermits from Berkeley, California. Like silk from a spider's butt, Williamson spins out glistening strands of melody and emotion that slowly evolve into gorgeously mesmerizing configurations of sound. Listeners have described it as being "the soundtrack to my brain waves" and "drenched in gentleness." Highly recommended for fans of Sugar Plant, Four Tet, Marumari, Sigur Ros, and Transient Waves.

Thank god for a review system!

Why? Because this album did not catch my ear on the first listen. I thought "nice, pleasant, too smooth". And would maybe ignore it, but I looked through the enthusiastic reviews and decided to give it another try. Good for me.

Because this is really very good record! I will not go deep into details, because my predecessors said it all. It's flawlessly recorded downtempo, with very classical - I'd say - approach: without many strange sounds, broken beats, experiments but with real instruments. Very calm, atmospheric and soothing music. It may be too warm and peaceful for some, but everyone must admit that this is first-class recording. Check it out. I won't mention particular tracks, because this is very even album.

A lossless version of the album is available on Magnatune.

Creative Commons License

[Artist's Website]




SUPPORT INDEPENDENT ARTISTS

If you like this album and you can afford it, consider supporting the artist by making a donation or buying a lossless version on Magnatune.

0 comments:

Post a Comment