23 February 2011

Niko - "Lost Experiments"

Good and diverse techno / electronica (7/10)

Lost Experiments is the result of some musical experiments I made between 2005 and 2007 with synths, vst and loops. I decided to call these tracks "lost experiments", because, due to a problem on my old desktop pc, I supposed to have lost these tracks, but some days ago I found again them and I provided to complete some of them. The tracks are an incredible mix of ambient moods and sounds, alternative style and many many experiments... So, you could find some of these songs strange and difficult to listen, but all I wanted to do was to create something original and different from usual songs. I hope you'll enjoy this album... And if you want to, you could also write a bad or negative comment on it. No problem about it... They're just experiments!

Good and diverse techno / electronica album, successfully mixing many genres - pure techno, ambient, space music, downtempo. Not as experimental as the artist claims, though.

For me the best were space music tracks, especially no. 6 - "Beyond The Clouds" - really great melody here. And the least successful were simple techno pieces no. 04 & 05 - repetitive, with boring tunes and beats.

Overall - nice effort, worth listening / downloading.

Creative Commons License




SUPPORT INDEPENDENT ARTISTS

If you like this album and you can afford it, consider supporting the artist by making a donation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment